Here’s a recipe for your summer parties and beach picnics. Today’s dish is one that I serve at Pipino on special occasions, but it’s so delicious and hearty that I think I want to put it on the regular menu!
What you’ll need:
– 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
– 1 and 1/2 cups water
– 10 ounces couscous
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 3 garlic cloves, smashed
– 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup mushrooms (portobello, shiitake or button)
How to make:
1. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 1 cup water. Remove tomatoes from water and chop.
2. In a medium saucepan, Boil the water used for soaking the sun-dried tomatoes, combined with the remaining 1/2 cup of water. Add the couscous. Cover the pan, remove from heat, and let it sit for 5 minutes until liquid has been absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. Mix in the basil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the mushrooms, and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes. Toss with the cooked couscous, and serve.